Monday, February 23, 2009

KBShimmer on Etsy- Our first ever review!

Well, it's finally here. Our first ever Pink Diva Review! Woohoo! I'm so excited! I had fun doing this first review. I was on Etsy one night, skimming away at all the handmade products, and came across KBShimmer's Etsy Shop. While there, my eyes came across some very beautiful handmade cold process soaps. I just knew that these soaps would be Pink Diva's first ever handmade review! I placed my order, and that very night, I received a shipping confirmation. Talk about fast! Shipping was prompt, and when I got my order in... I couldn't wait to rip open that box!

First up....





Kaleido-Soap Shea and Cocoa Butter Cold Process Soap

Look at these beauties! I knew I had to have one of these puppies when I seen it. Just the colors itself pop out at you... so vibrant and cheery. The swirls that were achieved in this soap are a work of art. Upon first sniff, I detected notes of sandalwood and musk. But there's more. Uh huh. I kept sniffing. Is that... jasmine? A little bit of gardenia? The scent description in KBShimmer's Etsy shop said this soap has notes of orange, banana, peach, and raspberry, but I swear, I don't smell any fruits at all in this one! I smell.... sensual. Exotic. Lust. Sex.

Yes. I said Sex. :) Trust me... it smells fabulous. When I brought this baby in the shower, the scent bloomed into a fragrant explosion once it hit the water. This one had gorgeous lather... very bubbly, but yet still creamy. I'm a sucker for lather. I just have to have good lather.

I think I soaped up about four times with this bar before I finally pryed it away from my hands. This soap also rinsed off my skin very well... leaving behind a bit of moisture. I'm not the type of person who likes to feel "squeaky clean". In the past, I have used soap that rinsed "too clean" and left my skin feeling dry and tight. Not this one. Nope. Feels oh so nice. Awesome bar of soap.


I was only going to do one review on KBShimmer's Soap... but this next one is my favorite, and I just had to add it here to the review.


Hibiscus Passion Shea and Cocoa Butter Soap
Oh my! Can you say Scent-Gasm? This one is my favorite soap! The scent is so lush and tropical, it just whisks you away to an exotic location (yeah, only in my mind I know... but a girl can wish can't she?). When I first sniffed this one, I couldn't get enough of it. It smells like tropical flowers... straight from Hawaii. Honest! It's not too floral though, I can vouch for that... because I'm really not a floral lover. I love floral scents, but some do not agree with me too well. But not this one! Very agreeable I say! Again... this bar made a gorgeous, very worthy lather, and rinsed well and clean...just like the Kaleido-Soap. Oh... and it sparkles! The micas used as colorant in this soap give off a pretty sparkle when the bar is wet. How cool is that? Again... another awesome bar of soap!


I have to mention the ingredients of these soaps... just to give you an idea of the nourishment your skin is getting...

Olive Oil, Lard, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Fragrance, Castor Oil, Micas.


Now... before you go boo-hooing about Lard....

Pig Fat is a wonderful thing. In soap. It makes a wonderful, high end luxury bar. If you have never tried soap with lard in it... you are truly missing out. (Sorry vegans! I mean no harm!)

Lard gives a beautiful feel to soaps... and produces a hard bar. It also gives a fluffy lather to soaps.

Seriously. Try it. I promise you'll love it!



KBShimmer is offering 20% off for Pink Diva Review Readers!
Just mention "Pink Diva" in the notes to seller/buyer notes message box!
Thanks KBShimmer for the great offer!
Until next time bloggers... Peace.
Pink Diva

1 comment: